Friday, March 9, 2012

A little bit of this

and a little bit of that. I said I'd be back with my  "wonders on the inter-webs round-up" this week, and here it is!


This round-up had a strange dichotomous theme: serious vs. frivolous. My interests seem to be echoing my life. . . but more on that later!


Frivolous:
~ Some amaaaazing wallpapers. Not for the faint of heart on Sf Girl By Bay.


Serious:
~ The Cult of Done Manifesto. Pretty good stuff. If you're at all a perfectionist I recommend having a read-though on this!


Frivolous:
~ I adore thee Gala Darling, as I'm sure many of you do. This post about her style direction for 2012 got me so inspired! Inspired to try more with my own wardrobe, be a bit more adventurous. I've reached a point in my fashion life where I pretty well know what I like, but sometimes that can mean I too easily get into a rut. Gala inspires me to color outside of the lines a bit more!


Serious:
~Hobos, Hustlers, and Backsliders. And account of life on the streets in San Francisco. I want to pick up a copy of this (I like learning about hob culture - as politically un-correct as that may sound.) "This powerful ethnography makes clear that the way we talk about issues of extreme poverty has real consequences for how we address this problem—and for the homeless themselves."


Frivolous:
~ More from the jewelry artist behind Epheriell Designs. Ten ways To Display your Necklaces. Weekend project, perhaps?


Serious:
~ An interesting article about taking "mini-risks" and the pay-off in life and work: How to pick up a 
stranger (Or Produce Brilliant Work)


Alright, now get out there and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment