Friday, February 17, 2012

The World of Fashion

This week I bring you a fashion edition of my "wonders on the web round-up," in honor of New York fashion week! Enjoy. . .


* I thought the above video on what it means to be a woman and what it means to be feminine (or not), from StyleLikeU, was pretty thoughtful. See for yourself.

* I am thoroughly in love with the summer line for Stella McCartney. The scooped necklines, the assymmetry, the patterns. I'm swooning!

* Cali Vintage (an Oakland gal!) has been a great source for behind the scenes photos at some great runway shows. I love Rachel Antonoff's fall 2012 collection

* Elsie, of a Beautiful Mess, has been posting a series of photography tips on her blog. This one gives lots of great advice on how to take great outfit photos. 

* Gala Darling posted all about the secret meaning of gemstones on her fabulous blog. I often get customers asking about the metaphysical properties of the various stones I use in my jewelry. One of my favorites is turquoise, for it's "grounding" properties.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. And if you're an East Bay-er like me, remember the bay bridge is closed all weekend, so start planning your alternate travel plans if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment