Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stones, Healing, Minimalism, Complexity

My head is aswirl with new design ideas. . . I find myself bouncing back and forth between a simple but beautiful minimalism and an ornate but balanced complexity. Wait. That kind of sounds like my thoughts. My hand-work is mirroring my thoughts.


Petite semi-precious stone earrings. I actually managed to photograph these yesterday. They'll be going up in my Etsy shop on Thursday.


Wild-flowers picked on a walk through Berkeley. I often go for a walk in the middle of my studio days. It helps to clear my head. Sometimes, when deadlines are pushing down on me and there doesn't feel like there's enough hours in the day, my walks feel like a time luxury. Something I can't afford to squeeze into my day. Ultimately, though, I think they keep me more focused and calm. 

Gorgeous labradorite teardrops. I did a little research the other day about labradorite and I think I better understand why everyone loves this stone so much (myself included). It balances the aura and grounds spiritual energies. It stimulates the imagination while simultaneously calming an overactive mind. (Info found here.) The times we live in require us to wear so many different hats, and not just day to day, but hour to hour, minute to minute. Anything that helps us find balance seems just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment