Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun

Last night was so so so much fun. Jeff and I both dressed up. We went out to our usual spot, had beers, and then met up with some friends at Bar 355 in Oakland. Much dancing and laughing ensued. If you're friends with me on facebook, then you already know what I dressed up as. For those of you who don't, I attempted to "re-create" Kate Bush on the cover of Never for Ever. . . 


And me!

I kind of felt like I was giving birth to Noah's Ark! Ha! What was really awesome about this costume was how great it made me feel. I think the fact that I was trying to embody a facet of this woman who I find to be completely amazing had a wonderful affect on me. I mean, I could probably give this entire blog over to things only related to Kate Bush and never get bored with it. . . That's how deep me love is =). It also helped that people seemed to love my costume, even if they didn't "get it" at first. 


But it's back to work today. At the studio attempting to get some work done. The one bad thing about nights like last night is it makes it entirely impossible to concentrate. Good thing I can just spend all day making earrings if I want! 

(Which reminds me of a conversation I had with a good friend last night. We talked about "being artists" and the good and bad the hard and the easy that comes with it. I said something about just wanting to be able to wake up every morning and do exactly as I please - don't we all! - and he said to me "But don't you already do that?" It made me stop and realize I do get to do that, at least to a certain extent, and to a much larger extent than when I worked for someone else. Being an adult - and an artist - brings with it a lot of responsibility that you can't just run away from. And it helps to talk about it all with like-minded folks.)

I hope everyone out there had a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment