Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Go Vote

I voted today. I was amazed by how long the lines were at my voting place, and I got there at 8:30 this morning. It felt great being there, the energy, the hope palpable in the room. I live in a very liberal place (the San Francisco bay area) so the general feeling is "Go Obama!" And I absolutely want him to win. But I voted green party for president.


I don't feel like I threw my vote away. I can say with confidence that California will go to Obama. I am happy about that. But the Green Party is the party that most closely represents how I want the world to be. I vote Green Party but know that they won't be sitting in the white house just yet. One day hopefully!

K, tomorrow: a post about a trip to the San Francisco zoo. I got to meet an owl, an armadillo, and a parrot. It was pretty amazing. 

(And fingers crossed that all things politic go smoothly this evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment