Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass

Jeff and I were only able to make it out to this fantastic music fair for one day this year, Sunday. We got to hear (I say hear rather than "saw" because the crowds are so huge that getting very close to the stage is a near impossibility) Roseanne Cash (my favorite of the day), Nick Lowe, Dave Alvin, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, and the Indigo Girls. Here's a few pictures from our day. . .



These two ladies were selling the yummiest aqua frescas, cantaloupe and spicy lemonade!


The crowd. We like to go to this event picnic style. We bring a blanket and lots of food and drinks and pick a stage that has the most acts at it that we both want to see and then we basically hunker down and camp out for the day. It's really fun and I find it much less stressful than rushing from stage to stage frantically trying to get to see EVERYONE. I got to catch up on my NY Times reading too.



and lastly. . . what I wore.
Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment