Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh the recession. . .

I'm sure most of those of you who read this have been feeling the economic pinch lately. And if you yourself are doing pretty well, all things considered, you probably know a slew of people who have been hit hard by these tight times.

I have definitely been feeling the money pinch myself. In order to make ends meet I have had to really watch all of my "non-necessary" spending, relying on all of my frugal ways from the past, when I went to school full time, worked part time and never had that much money but was grateful for the free-time I had instead.

And, while it can be fun to find new ways to be frugal (I sometimes like to look at it as a game, a challenge to myself to save more money, spend less money) it can grow tiresome and bleak if you don't stop and treat yourself, albeit reasonably, once in a while. With that in mind, I've decided to add a few new goodies to my shop, sort of based around this idea: that while we all need to be watching our pennies right now it's nice to once in a while splurge (in a small way) on yourself and those you care about.

African Turquoise Sterling Silver Earrings

I've added these tiny, sterling silver earrings to my shop. They all feature gorgeous stones in beautiful, saturated hues. And right now with the earring sale I'm having in my shop, they're only $12.75 per pair.

Carnelian Sterling Silver Earrings

Grey Moonstone Sterling Silver Earrings

Here's to small pleasures even when times are tough!

Edit: There will be more of these earrings, in copper, going up in the shop tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment