Friday, April 23, 2010

Selling Posters

On Wednesday night my boyfriend and I went to see Camera Obscura at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. We had a dual reason for being there: one, we both love their music, and two, Jeff had designed a poster specifically for this show.


Jeff designs the posters himself and then hand-screenprints them in his kitchen. It's a very involved process. But it's so satisfying to see the thick stack of finished posters at the end of two or three days of hard work! Jeff posts pictures of his work in progress and up-coming shows that he's designing posters for at his blog, Crumble Diamonds.

The show was a lot of fun. Jeff sold out of the posters (yes!) and we had many an interesting conversationg with fellow concert-goers. The crowd was a very eclectic one, all I knew when I got dressed for the show was I wanted to wear a dress! This particular one had been sitting in my "alter-repair-hem" pile for a good two years! And all because it simply needed a couple of buttons sewn on. It's a dress I salvaged from the Goodwill, back when I lived in Livermore.



Outfit details:
~dress ~ thrifted
~belt ~ vintage
~boots ~ DSW
~bracelets ~ thrifted
~earrings ~ made by me of course! Tangleweeds Shop

And, as always, you can see this outfit and more of mine at Wardrobe Remix.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Aww I missed that show!!The posters are great- as is the outfit you are wearing in this post. Did you know that She & Him will be playing in Oakland? (I am in Oakland) www.iwasthegoldengirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did, actually. I would love to see them, but I'll have to see if it's in my budget! What I'm really looking forward to is Joanne Newsom at the Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Lot's of good stuff coming up : ) And the weather is finally getting nicer!!

    ReplyDelete