Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Festivities

I am a very lucky woman. Having just returned from four days and three nights at a resort-spa in Calistoga, I feel quite relaxed and refreshed. I'm excited to get back to work, but also want to strive to maintain more of a life balance than I had before. Including frequent massages! The trip was my BIG birthday gift from Jeff. Pictures from the trip will be going up in the next few days, both here and on my Flickr page.

Besides the ridiculously indulgent gift from Jeff, I also received these gorgeous flowers from the coffee shop I work at:



And! The night before my birthday Jeff and I and some friends saw the Bonnie "Prince" Billy show at the New Parish in Oakland. I wore a decidedly "Jeannine" outfit: patterns, and florals, and textures galore. The show was lovely and intimate. They played acoustic and sans a P.A. system. The whole crowd was hushed and attentive.



The day of my birthday (April 11th), Jeff and I took the kids to the city to see the Cartier Exhibit at the Legion of Honor. It was truly amazing. And they even extended the exhibit through May 8th (or is it 9th?) so I may go back again.

We finsihed the day off with cake, baked by Sera. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. It doesn't get much better than that!

the cake baker presents. . .
thinking about what to wish for. . .

whew!

So yes, in short, I'm kind of spoiled. And I still have one more birthday bash to celebrate with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment