Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Utilitarian Frivolity

I’ve always had a love for fashion, for the way we dress, for the art of mixing different components to create an artful whole. But I have a very strong utilitarian streak - if it does the job, if the pair of pants fit, if the belt buckles, if the shoes keep the water out then it fits the bill. I get this from my dad. It’s a trait that helps me in many ways, carries me through difficult times, financial or otherwise, and plays a large role in the way I dress.


At this point in my life there are certain realities that limit the way I dress. I work at a coffee shop. My bicycle is my primary mode of transportation. I walk places a lot. And, quite frankly, I hate to be uncomfortable. I don’t think that awesome fashion has to sacrifice comfort.


I love to mix patterns, love to see how different colors work together. The fact that I get to spend my day wearing what I’ve put together pleases me to no end.


I post my outfit photos to Wardrobe Remix on Flickr every now and then, sometimes more often than others, it can be sporadic. While I in no way intend for this blog to become a fashion or outfit blog solely, I though it might be fun to every now and then show you what I’m wearing.


Today was mostly spent at home working, with a few errands on my bike thrown into the mix. The secret to this outfit: I’m wearing bike shorts under my skirt!

outfit details: skirt, belt, camisole, necklace and sweater - all thrifted ~ tights - Hue ~ booties - DSW ~ earrings - made by me

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment